
This is of course Oscar the Grouch, and the famous Seinfeld puffy shirt! See Garrett there are fun things to see in Washington DC!:)

It is a love fest in DC for the Obama's. Here is a shop called "My Obama Shop". I am not positive but I am willing to bet that it was not called "My Bush Shop" a few months ago.

Me with the hope diamond. I told Rob that he can wait until our 10th Anniversary to get anything that big!:)

This is Abraham Lincoln's mask just a few months before he was assassinated. The artist was taking the impressions for some piece of art work that he was working on.

This is Abe's top hat that he was wearing the night he was assassinated. Funny story, the Smithsonian had it for years in its back rooms because the directors didn't want people to go crazy trying to see it.

Rob in front of a picture of Stephen Colbert, in front of a picture of Stephen Colbert, etc. etc. I am not quite sure the story on how this picture has made it into the Smithsonian. Maybe they know something that we don't. One other fun thing that we saw in the American History Museum is the flag that was flying when Francis Scott Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner. They have been restoring it and it is now on display. We couldn't take pictures so I don't have any but it was very cool, and a huge flag!

Rob in front of the Iwo Jima monument. Rob's Grandpa fought in the Pacific during WWII so we have an extra special family history there.

Someone forgot to tell the Obama's that we were coming for lunch. This is as close as we got. Next time.

Arlington Cemetary. The changing of the guards at the unknown soldier memorial. A very reverant and beautiful place.

The outside of the Lincoln Memorial.

Part of the WWII Memorial.

This quote is on of the ones on the walls at the memorial to FDR. He was the president during the end of WWI, the depression, and WWII. He was actually elected to the presidency for 4 terms and died at the beginning part of his 4th term. With all of the problems in our economy today it was very interesting to read the quotes from his time in office, and reflect on how pertinante they are for today's world. I am not saying I agree with everything, I just am merely commenting on the patterns of history that tend to repeat themselves.

FDR himself and his beloved dog.
6 comments:
Wow, what a fun trip! Looks like you saw everything in DC....EXCEPT US!!!! I am so distraught right now I can't even see the computer through my tears. I thought we were friends. [Sob. Sob. Sob.]
PS Who did it in your version of Shear Madness?
Very cool! DC is such a neat place and it looks like you guys hit all the great places. Some day Jack will appreciate it...but like you said, not now. :)
So nice you two got to get away. congrats
What a weekend! DC is definately on my list of places to visit. Looks like you guys had fun :)
DC would be awesome to visit! Lucky! I think I could use a diamond that big too. I should start the conversatio now though huh. Good call doing your own trip (without Jack and with all due respect to Jack as well), we must keep up the love affair.
I am glad you guys were able to go on a fun vacay! :) lol
Post a Comment