
Rob and I just returned home from taking a fabulous 10 day trip to Spain. We have been planning this since March and it has finally arrived. We went with my sister Nikki and her husband Matt, so the 4 of us spent the time working our way through Spain. One benefit of having parents serving as mission presidents is that they get to know some of the other mission presidents in the other cities. We were able to stay in the Madrid, and the Barcelona mission homes as well as with our parents in Bilbao. We only missed out on the Malaga mission home, maybe next time!:) Hermana Watkins who is serving in Madrid with her husband was so generous to come and pick us up at the airport and take us around the first day. She took us to the Madrid Temple, which there is no way we could have found if she didn't. It is a whole square of the temple, and the MTC, and a small distribution center. Thank you Hermana Watkins!!

After the temple we were dropped off right in front of the Prado Museum. This is a very famous art museum in Madrid.

The painting below is a Picasso that is not in the Prado, but is just down the way. This painting is called Guernica which is a town in Northern Spain, in my parents mission, that we actually drove through when we were with them. It is a very sad story of what happened there. You can read about it
here if you are interested.
3 comments:
I have had so much fun reading about your trip! Your parents looked great and happy too. I was going to invite you all to Dallas but after that type of trip I think Dallas may be a bit of a disappointment;) Tell all your family hello and I'll hopefully see Ally next weekend as she's moving in.
Great to read about your trip! Really enjoyed the pictures and the recap - sounds like a blast!
Just went back and saw all the pictures of the trip. What a fun time! I'm sure it was great seeing your parents and all the beautiful and interesting sites. Seriously cool!
Post a Comment