Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bingham Copper Mine


Rob and I took the boys out to the Bingham Copper Mine. I have never been out there and so it was something that I was looking forward to doing. It is amazing how much goes on there and how many things are made from the materials that come out of the mine. As you can see our little family in front of the huge tires that are on the big machines there at the mine. Each machine has four of those tires and they last about 9-12 months and cost $25,000. each. Once we got on top of the mountain we were able to look down into the big hole and it is big. It was a fun afternoon.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny, we did this, too, close tot he same time we did Mrs. Cavanaugh's. Wasn't that an awesome thing to see? That is one big hole. And some massive trucks! We live not too far from the mine, actually.

Presidente y Hermana Clegg said...

I can't believe I never took you Hilly, or for that matter, anyone. It is fun