Sunday, August 29, 2010

It Finally Came

The long awaited first soccer game of Jack's life! He has been so excited as have we all. Here he is with his great friend Luke getting ready to go. The team plays with 4 people on the field at a time, no goalie, and the coaches, just referee and help teach the kids as they play. Luke's Dad and our friend Casey is their coach and he did a great job keeping the kids going out there. They have little pop-up goals at each end and the kids just go. It was so cute and fun to watch.
Here is Jack on the move just after kicking the ball. I know that I need to get him some soccer socks.
So they don't care, they even fight their own teammates for the ball, and even if they are girls!:) Jack actually was really great, he scored one goal and had a lot of fun. He did get knocked down a couple of times and there were a few tears, but not many.
Jack with a corner kick, just as Rob yells.."bend it Jack"...maybe in a few years!:) They actually just try and stop the kids from picking the ball up with their hands, which happened a lot, and teach them a few rules of the game. There is no off-sides, and no real penalties, it is fun and a great way to introduce the little ones to playing on a team.
All smiles after the game....success!

7 comments:

Presidente y Hermana Clegg said...

What a player. I like the tongue action in a few shots.
love you

melanie said...

Yay Jack! He looks like a natural!

Rachael said...

SO FUN!!! I can't wait to get Lily on some character-building-energy-burning-soccer-team!

Babelicious said...

You got the best pictures! Mine were horrible because the other teams coach was always in the way!! Luke can't wait until the next game. These boys have waited so long for this, it was nice to see them in action.

The Clegg Family said...

i LOVE that jack's tongue is hanging out in every one of those pics! so cute!

Annie said...

So fun! Love the action shots! So good to hear that they are lax on some of the rules, that is the way to be at this age when they are just learning. I am so excited for the day when my little guy is old enough to play too! :)

Cormorant said...

I totally forgot to change your link to private and I've missed a bunch of posts! I've loved seeing what you've been up to this summer--fun times and great pics.

Jack is such a sportster stud! I love seeing him in action and I'm sure he had so much fun! Hope you're doing well!