Thursday, March 31, 2011

Espana

I made it to Spain again to visit with my parents and it has been wonderful!! The greatest part about coming is that my Mom had no idea I was planning on coming over. I arranged it all with my Dad and he did a great job keeping it secret from her. It was her birthday so my Dad had a their office Elders take her out to lunch and distract her while he came and pick me up at the airport. We came back to their house a little bit before she got back and needles to say she was very surprised! It was great!! They are in their new mission in the south of Spain and it has been great seeing them and I am loving all of the sunshine and blue skies.
My Mom and I in a town called Mijas which is just adorable and fun. That is the Mediterranean Sea behind us....so gorgeous!
This is the town of Mijas behind us, a true white hill town.
My fabulous sis-in-law Jeni made the trip with me and we are having a great time together. In this picture we are actually standing on the top of the Rock of Gibraltar and that is Spain behind us. We have a picture that shows Africa behind us on one side and Spain on the other. It was a beautiful clear day so we had no problems seeing into Africa, and it is only 15 km away so it isn't that far. We have been here for nearly a week now and I can't believe my trip is almost up. My feet are tired and I miss my boys but I think I could stay here a little bit longer. I am not going to post pictures of everything but these are the things we have done and seen:
Sunday: Church in Malaga, Gibraltar
Monday: Mijas and drive to Toledo
Tuesday: Toledo, drive to Madrid, see Temple, see a lot of Madrid, drive to Cordoba
Wednesday: Cordoba, Sevilla, drive back to mission home
Thursday: Marbella, Granada
Friday: Ronda
We have been busy and it has been wonderful.
Thanks to all my friends and family, and my wonderful Rob who have helped out with my boys you are all the best!
Hasta Luego!

5 comments:

Emily said...

So glad you guys are having so much fun! Soak up the sunshine for all of us! :)

Andrea said...

So glad you are having fun. Beautiful scenery! May I be your travel companion next time? :)

We had great fun with Jack & Cam today.

Lauren and Zach said...

So glad to hear you had fun and made it back safe. Can't wait to hear more about it this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks just beautiful! And how great that you went with your adorable sister-in-law. She sounds like a lot of fun. That is a very nice surprise for your mom. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Rachael said...

What a GREAT trip!!!! I bet your mom was so thrilled!

From the pictures I can totally see why all those Irish would go to the "South of Spain" on holiday! It looks heavenly!