Monday, March 17, 2008

Certification Required

I enjoyed lunch today with a close relative of mine and we got started talking about necessary licenses that should be required, but aren't. Here's what he came up with:

  • Women should be required to get a license before wearing a bikini on the beach
  • MEN should be required to get a license before wearing a bikini anywhere
  • All Hollywood stars should be required to be spayed and neutered before they sign any movie deal
For my part I wish I had editorial control over the recent missionary in our ward who called his mom "hot" in his farewell and went into detail about why churros at Disneyland are the best in the world.

What other licenses should be required but aren't? Let's hear back in your comments.

4 comments:

Emily said...

All drivers in CA should be required to get a DRIVERS LICENSE! (I wish I was kidding - but, anyone who has been in CA knows I'm not... we can always dream, can't we?)

melanie said...

Screening who moves into your neighborhood would be good. License to have kids could also be appropriate; some people just shouldn't be parents (and usually have a whoops baby). I'm totally judging on that one.

Rob said...

Thanks Emily and Melanie for your comments. You're both totally right.

How bout a license to carry "carry-on" luggage onto the plane? I swear some people think that it's okay to bring their tents for their expedition to Nepal as "carry-on". Either people are severely spatially challenged or just plain selfish. Probably both.

Oh - there should be a whole certification system required before anyone is allowed to see a movie in public. There should be a tiered system involving phones, talking, preempting the jokes, laughing in annoying ways, etc. Any surprise we hardly go to the theater anymore?

Bryce said...

rob...you should include a license to have kids too...