Hillary and I decided to spend our "George W. Bush If I Can't Earn a Legacy I'll Buy One" Stimulus Package check on a fancy new Canon XSi Camera. It has all the bells and whistles.
I also looked into the Nikon and Sony (aka Minolta) cameras. Sony's market-leading live-view seemed pretty cool but the body is really heavy. The Nikon is nice too but I have a brother-in-law with a Nikon and we agree on so little that I decided to keep the rivalry going by going with a Canon. (Take that JP)
So in addition to being HDTV snobs, we're now DSLR snobs. You might hear us talking f-stops, focal lengths, depth of field, etc. In addition to the image-stablized kit lens we bought the famous little f1.8 prime lens which helps us take some ridiculously "fast" pictures of our incredibly fast little Jack.
We've been playing with the camera for about a week now. The next few posts are some pictures from various things we've captured in 12 megapixel glory (actually I'm such a hard drive scrooge that Hillary had to beg me not to shot pictures at the medium setting as opposed to small).
How are you spending your patriotic duty checks beyond the obvious - buying a tank of gas!
1 comment:
Hey Rob - Ryan will be so excited to hear that you bought a SLR. Now he can talk "camera" with you and Rich. We love our Canon and Ryan has really enjoyed playing with it. If you need any input on lenses call Ryan or Rich. I just pay the bills. :)
Post a Comment