Monday, September 15, 2008

Fall is Coming

As I have expressed to many of my friends, I don't really blog, I just post pictures of Jack and put a few words down to explain the photos. Here is my attempt to make a true blog post!:)
I love this time of year, when the evening and mornings are cool, and there is beautiful clear sunny days to enjoy. It has been a little bit warm, but that is ok I will keep it. I was reading in Sunday's paper about some of the greatest drives to take during the fall time to see the leaves and I was wanting to get others input on some of there favorite fall activities. I want to take Jack and Rob even out to enjoy this time of year and was just hoping for some help on what to do. Jack and I went out to Gardner Village last year and that was a lot of fun, I think I will do that again this year. They have all of these crazy witches up and it is fun. Anyone who wants to go let me know and we can get a group together.
One of my favorite views of the fall leaves is right in Bountiful where I live and I will post a picture as soon as more of the leaves change.
I was at the dermatologist today and picked up a Better Homes and Gardens magazine and they had some very cute and simple, which I like, decoring tips for Halloween. The cutest one I saw was they took smaller little pumpkins and used double sided tape and stuck cute black and other colored ribbons around the pumkins. Very simple, cheap, and very cute. I tried to find the link to show you the picture, but I couldn't. Sorry.
Thanks for reading and letting me share and I would love to hear from all of you out there!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Hi Hillary - Ryan and Em here. We would LOVE for a little autumn - all we get is 85 degree weather - and yes, we are complaining. Sometimes you CAN have too much of a good thing. Enjoy your autumn!

Megan Bruschke said...

I LOVE Fall too! That was one of the greatest things in moving to Utah - truly enjoying a classic Fall! The one thing I am still looking forward to doing since moving here is driving the Alpine loop at just hte right time to catch the aspens in full color! Hopefully this year!

Anonymous said...

We love Gardner Village, too. Hey, would we want to meet up there sometime with Jodi and Racael? The only snag I have is school schedules, of course. I'd love to see you three and your kids...in person!!

Anonymous said...

I meant Rachael. Sorry, Rach!

Jeni said...

I like fall but it only reminds me that winter is coming sooner and winter is by far the worst time of the year and if I had my way I would never have winter. The only good thing about winter is the clothes. Oh my goodness I just realized I am babbling about winter when your post was about fall....what I am TRYING to say is, you should help me appreciate fall. :)

btmofcup said...

Hi Hilly!! Another fun October idea is to take Jack to the pumpkin patch up in Farmington. They have a little hay maze and a tiny--very tiny 2 second spook alley. There are these little wagons that you can pull the kids in and you go pick your own pumpkins. My kids LOVE it!! Call me and I'll tell you where it is!!

btmofcup said...

Hilly, it's Jodi--I'm logged in with Casey's bottom of the cup name!! Sorry--call me!!

shannon said...

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing it---

shannon