Sunday, December 5, 2010

NYC


Rob and I were able to spend a few days in NYC and we had a great time. Drop the boys off with Nana and we were off. There were so many great things to that our feet were sore from walking. In the picture above we are standing on the deck of the USS Intrepid. It is a retired Navy air craft carrier and it was very large. Not as large as the big Carnival cruise ship in the dock next door, but still very big. It was interesting to wander around and learn about where this ship had been.
This is one of the adorable windows at Macy's. They have a story that goes for about 4 or 5 windows and it was all made out of paper. Very cute.

We did a Food on Foot tour which was a lot of fun. We walked around a few blocks in the Hell's Kitchen area and stopped at 7 different places. We would sample a little bit at each place, where we would order whatever we wanted based on the guides recommendation. We were stuffed by the end but found some great cheap places. It was a great tour.
Rob on Top of The Rock. That is the Empire State Building in the background and all the other views were just amazing.
We took a tour of the NBC Studios which was a lot of fun. An NBC page took us around and we saw some studios where they film Dr. Oz, Jimmy Falon, and of course SNL. It was fun.
We took another walking tour of the Financial District which was interesting. There is one street where it is still cobble-stoned and it was very cool to see some of the old brick buildings that made up the area.
Federal Hall is on Wall St. and this is where George Washington was sworn in as President of the United Sates.
What? Who is that? Yes it is my good buddy Bono. He was just doing previews of his Spiderman show so we just stopped by to say hello.
We went to the top of the Empire State Building on Friday night and it was so cold, but so beautiful. It was a great way to end a birthday night.
In the massive Times Square. It was so crowded and I can only imagine what that place will be like in a few weeks where there are millions of people there ringing in the new year.
Ryan and Emily came down from Philadelphia to spend the day with us. It was so great to see them and to be there together. Here we are in the gorgeous Grand Central Station.
We had a great time and just love being in NYC. We saw a couple of shows, Memphis and we also saw the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall. Both shows were amazing and were so much fun. We made stops at the Met, The Natural History Museum, Shake Shack, and a couple other places I just can't remember right now. It was a fabulous trip and we can't wait to go again.

6 comments:

Jessica McKay said...

Hillary, It looks like you had tons of fun in NYC! We need to do more of the tourist things. We only make it up to the temple and back. We are also happy to see that Emily is alive. We still haven't found her in Philly!
I love following your blog. Thanks for the Christmas card--so cute!

Jeni said...

Glad you had so much fun! Thanks for being so quick in posting the pictures!!!! :)

Andrea said...

Quite the birthday weekend! So glad you had a great time! And happy that you saw Memphis - I am anxious to hear your review.

Megan Bruschke said...

SO much fun! There is nothing like NYC and I bet being there at Christmas time is even better! By the way, I LOVE the BW pic of you in the financial district....it is amazing!

Heather said...

Ok, now here is your next job....Email me hotels/restaurants/sites to see/tips etc.. on NYC! My hubby and I are going there (my first time!) in the spring and I have no idea how to plan the trip! I need all the help you'd be willing to give me! I also love the BW pic of you in the financial district! Glad you had such a fun bday and I look forward to your emails helping me out with my trip;)

Anonymous said...

Looks so fun. Good for you guys.