Once again please forgive me in the lateness in making this post. No excuses!:) Rob's parents for Christmas this year so generously gave all of the family a trip to Disneyland! We arrived at our hotel and Cam saw this little picture of Mickey and went over and waved hello!
We dropped off our things and headed straight over to the parks. We had to wait for a very long time to purchase our tickets. I guess we weren't the only people enjoying Disneyland for Christmas. There were so many people there, they even stopped selling tickets a couple of the days.
Just waiting for the tickets!
What would Disneyland be without enjoying a churro!! I will always remember the first churros I ate were on my first trip to Disneyland. Cam and I were waiting for the others to finish riding on Splash Mountain and as you can see from Jack's face below I bet he wished he were with Cam and I eating churros!:)
A bit nervous!
We got some of the group posing with Pluto. Jack was fine with the characters this trip, but Cameron really wanted nothing to do with them.
Cam being his cute self. He is so funny and was just hamming it up for the family. About 2 minutes after this picture thought he zonked out for awhile!
My cute Jack Jack and I climbing in the old Swiss Family Robinson tree house which is now turned into the Tarzan tree house.
Our first night at the park we watched the light parade and it was a lot of fun. Cam really was in awe of it all, I think Rich is just posing!:)
One of our few family shots!
Completely wasted at the end of Day 1. Long, fun, sunny days equals good sleeping even though they were not in their own beds. Yeah!!
Day 2 started early with the Magic morning and even though it was early it was so worth it! The crowds were so big all day long we really took advantage of the early morning time before they let everyone into the park. Rob took Jack on Space Mountain, not something Jack wants to do again, and Cam and I did Buzz Lightyear about 5 times and then we went over to ride Dumbo. Can you see Cameron's little head on the the Dumbo ride? Such a cutie.
The boys love the carousel, they could have kept riding it. I said no, we have one of those at home, lets keep moving!
We rode the classic tea cups and had fun spinning around. I love those rides, Rob, not so much.
We went on It's A Small World, and it was a lot of fun. It was all decorated for Christmas inside and we had fun seeing all the updated figures inside. It was a fun ride that we could all do together.
For the highlight of the trip. We went to the Star Wars show that they do and they pick about 20-25 kids to come up and train to be Jedi's and Jack was chosen!! I don't know who was more excited me or him.
Here he is paying very close attention to what he has to do. They teach the kids, then they line them all up and Darth Vader and a couple of stormtroppers come barreling onto the stage. It is a bit intense and I was worried that Jack would be to scared. He waited his turn and then he went up there, fought Darth Vader with his lightsaber, and then used the force to push away the two stormtroppers. It was so fun to watch and ever since Jack genuinely thinks he is now a Jedi, it is so great!
Here he is the happy Jedi!
We spent sometime in California Adventure's Redwood area where the boys can run around on rope courses, climb on rocks, go on slides, and zip lines, it was so fun.
We even waited in the incredibly long Midway mania line so that we could enjoy all of the Toy Story characters ride. We even got to wear these amazing 3D glasses.
On our trip home we had an unfortunate delay in that our flight was cancelled. We were already at the airport and now had 6 hours to wait. We made our way, after a bit of pain, to the movie theater to help the time go by. Luckily for us we did not see Alvin and the Chipmunks, they were just outside the theater and Jack couldn't pass them up.
We made it back to the airport and waited for our new plane to come. It arrived and we made it home. We had a great time together and a lot of fun at Disneyland, we will definetley be back!
1 comment:
What an awesome family Christmas gift! Looks like so much fun.
Post a Comment