Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Goblin Valley

So call us crazy but we decided to go camping in Utah in February!! We went down to Goblin Valley which is someplace that Rob has never been, and it has been a very long time since I have been there and it did not disappoint! This is our camping spot for the first night. It was beautiful, and we had the entire place to ourselves. It was a very very cold night in the tent, but we survived and only had to endure it for one night.
Rob cooking us dinner.

We had a great time playing in and among the rock formations and the boys had a great time playing hide and seek, or sniper. Cam says, "I got you"!
On a little hike. It was very narrow at some points but we had a great time finding our way around. We taught Jack about what a cairns is, rocks stacked up to mark the way to go, and he kept calling them "kindles". It was cute.
Jack is a very good sniper.
Sliding down the hills right behind our campsite.
This is Jack climbing up the hill he was sliding down in the picture above.
We asked one of the few people we saw to take a picture of all of us.

Rob and Jack sleeping in the rocks.


Jack & Cam

Cute Cam is getting so big and was so anxious to try and keep up with his brother. His favorite new phrase is..."I do it myself".

Our little linebackers! It was cool in the day so we had to stay warm with our coats on but otherwise it was perfect.

They campground has 2 yurts which have propane heaters inside and bunk beds and we were able to get one of them for our second night. It was so nice to feel warm. I don't think this will be the last time we stay in one of the yurts!:)
A great picture of the sunrise coming into the Valley of the Goblins!
A view of the Henry Mountains off in the distance.
So long Goblin Valley thanks for a great couple of days!

4 comments:

Presidente y Hermana Clegg said...

This looked great. We will have to go with you one time in the future

Megan Bruschke said...

I'm impressed! It would take A LOT to get me to camp in teh summer, let alone in the winter! your pictures were so fun and BEAUTIFUL! Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow, talk about a beautiful sunset! As a matter of fact, a friend of mine told me a while back about Goblin Valley (which I'd never heard of). They'd take their kids, camp out, and just let them run around playing. And they LOVED it! Now that I have seen your pictures, I can see why kids would think it's a wonderland. We've got to check that out sometime.

By the way, I learned that your brother and his wife are in the same ward as my brother-in-law and his fam. Small world. :)

Rachael said...

Definitely an awesome adventure! So much fun!