
We took a family trip to San Diego this past week and we had a great time! I have one warning there are a lot of animal pictures as we spent quite a bit of our time looking at animals. You will also notice that it was hard for Jack to take his eyes off the animals and look at the camera, even the statues like we are in front of above.

The first thing that we had to do at SeaWorld, is ride the Flying Elmo. Rides Mommy, I want to go on a ride. Once we were done riding Elmo we went to see some of the great shows at Sea World.

Shamu is amazing and Jack didn't quite know what to think of it all. He was pretty quite throughout the show, but has been very excited to talk about it since.

This is Shamu's belly behind us. Of course it is not the original Shamu and we called all of them Shamu.

We spent some time in Balboa Park going through some of the great museums they have there. We went to the science museum and saw a great IMAX show. We went to the Natural History Museum, the Air and Space, the Model Railroad, and the Automotive Museum. I know you are thinking how does an almost 3 year old deal with all of that museum time, well they actually have a lot of fun things for kids to do and see. Jack and I are standing in front of a mega diagrama in the Railroad Museum. They were so cool and so detailed, it really was fun.

Jack riding on a motorcycle at the Automotive Museum.

This is an old sign from an original Jack and the Box. We just thought it was a cute sign.

We met up with Rob's sister Emily and her husband Ryan on Friday afternoon at the Del Mar horseracing track. It was a first for us and it was fun to watch a few races. The horses were beautiful and Jack was able to pet even one of them.

We made it to the San Diego Zoo and here are some of the highlights. The panda's above were very cute. There were two of them out and one of them was very playful.

Here is a lion that was sleeping in its cage. Jack was a little hesitant with this one but he did get close to the glass for a picture.

One of the best things we saw were the polar bears. When we saw them they were playing in the water and then they would swim right up to the glass right at us. It was fun, and very cool.

Rob and jack on the Sky Safari ride accross the zoo. From above we were really able to see how big and expansive the zoo is. It was a great place and we had a fabulous time there.

The last thing we did was go to the children's zoo area and there was a climbing wall and Jack couldn't get enough. In fact when he was climbing he told Rob and I that he didn't want to see any more animals. We had a great time and I don't have a picture but we were also able to attend a baseball game which was a lot of fun. It was a great vacation for all 3 of us.
5 comments:
Looks like so much fun! So, wish I could have been there! Lots of animal time! :)
Lots to comment on! 1) I like Rob's hair with the buzz look. 2) Blue is a VERY pretty color on you, Hil and 3) I look forward to when Jack will speak to me. :)
You guys are so fun. Always out doing something. I just love that.
We had a great time with you guys! I'll never forget the "Tiger Woods of swimming!" :)
Love SD! It looks like you had a great time!
I am jealous... I wish I was vacationing instead of moving and unpacking boxes! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! That is a trip we want to take sometime soon! I am glad to know how fun it is!
Post a Comment