Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Time Is Here Again

We love Christmas time in our house and this year we have started off with a bang. We were asked about 6 weeks ago to participate in a Holiday Home Show Tour of homes in the Bountiful area. I wasn't sure because I am pregnant, and this is the first Christmas in our new house, I do not have enough decorations, my Mom lives in Spain now, etc. etc. Well we decided to go ahead with it and said we would be part of the tour. I knew that Shannon, my Mother-In-Law would help me, and so what you see in the next few pictures was created under her guidance with the help of Rob's 2 sisters Emily & Jeni. My sister Nikki & her family did a great job is picking out a tree for us, it is 13.5' tall, and Rob & Nikki were also very involved in making my house presentable to a few hundred people. I was a really good observer of the entire process!:) Thanks to everyone who made this happen for us this year. Rob and I both agree that our house may never look so beautiful at the holidays again.
Coming in the front door, hey Rob!
The family room.
A closer view of the tree. There are lighted balls that go up the middle of the tree. It is minimally decorated, but if you ask me it is perfect!
A closer view of the mantle area. When we were building this house one of the things I pictured was our mantle, fireplace, & hearth at Christmas time. I think this is better than I imagined!
Merry Christmas to all!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh my goodness - it is GORGEOUS!!!! Way to go!!!

Heather said...

So pretty! LOVE the pic of your front entry way, it makes your home look "homey and welcoming" if that makes sense?

Cormorant said...

It was so fun "touring" your house in it's Christmas finery. I especially loved the mantel with the hanging balls--very beautiful! And happy (late) birthday.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful home, Hillary. You must love it! Lovely Christmas decorations.