Sunday, June 27, 2010

Spain Day 9 - Sunday

This afternoon we took a short drive up to the town of Loiola which is the home of the Sanctuary of Loyola. This was built over the birth place of St. Ignatius who was born here in the Basque country of Spain. It is the home of the Jesuit order of Catholic priests and is still an active seminary training for them today.
Jack inside his first Cathedral. I didn't think he noticed very much of it, it isn't huge, but then tonight when I was getting him in his pj's this is the conversation we had...
J- "Mom, did Mary die?"
H-"Mary who?"
J- "Jesus' Mommy."
H-"Yes she did die."
J-"That is sad."
H- "Well, don't be sad."
J- "Is she an angel?"
I think he did notice some of the things that were in the cathedral.
Here we are outside with the cathedral behind us.
Running outside under these very pretty tree lined walk ways.
Today while G&G went to church, I was basically pretty tired and they were only staying for one meeting today so we stayed home and made very cute plastic bead designs,
ate ice cream,
and played outside.

Here is a little fun video of Cam & Jack tonight. This is mostly for Daddy to see.

No comments: